3 years later

3 years ago today I took the most important walk of my life.
On that day I swore to love you, honor you, care for you, and passionately pursue you.
3 years ago I thought I knew what those words meant- I thought that doing those things would come easily, because there is no one I've ever loved like I love you.
I was wrong.
Marriage is so much more than I thought it would be- it's harder and requires more work than I thought it would as I walked down the aisle with my dad by my side.
But, it's also far more rewarding than I ever thought imaginable. We've had a whirlwind romance. We've conquered more in 3 years than I ever thought we would. I didn't know how deep my love for you could reach, and even after 3 years I'm still so lucky that I'm the girl you chose to spend your life with.
I don't tell you enough, but I'm so grateful for the patience you show me. When we lost Riley you showed me more grace than I've ever seen. When we left our home to spend a summer in Cape Cod so I could chase a dream, you showed me support than I've known. When life beats me down, you're always there to build me back up. You constantly pray for me, and seek God's will for our lives together. You provide for us, and work hard to make sure that I am well taken care of. You are selfless and kind, handsome, and funny. You are everything I hope our son will someday be.
We've come a long way from those "kids" promising to love each other through thick and thin, for better or for worse. We've seen both sides of that promise.
It hasn't always been easy- but it has always been worth it.
You are the better half of us.
I have a feeling that year 3 of our marriage may be the best one yet. I can't wait to see you become a daddy. You are more than I ever hoped for in a husband,  You are my dream guy.
I'm so lucky to be the woman you love.
I hope we are making each other laugh, traveling the world, getting on each others nerves, and flat out loving each other until we're 99.
Life without you would be dull.
You're the bees knees, and I kinda really,really, really like being your wife.
Happy 3 year anniversary, Zak Lowry.
I love you more today than I did the day I walked down that aisle.

Comments

Popular Posts