Lennox Louise Lowry

I've always enjoyed a schedule. I like to know that there is some sort of structure, it just gives me a little peace of mind. I should have known God was preparing me for something when he led me to my husband, because Zak Lowry is not a planner. Well, I take that back. When it comes to finances, and retirement there is no one who plans like he does, and one day I'll be super thankful for that. But when it comes to activities, vacations, or dates the guy is more of a go with the flow- last minute kind of husband. And that took some getting used to.
As the years have passed I think I've learned to deal with and even appreciate his lack of planning, it's made me spontaneous in ways I never was before and I know I'm a better person because of it.
As soon as we found out we were expecting I clung to our due date for dear life. June 11, 2016 would be the day we welcomed our little girl into the world. I loved the idea of having a June baby- some of the best moments of my entire life have happened in June, and so I thought there couldn't be a better time to meet Lennox than that. Then at 35.5 weeks pregnant we found out that she was breech, and didn't have plans to turn. Now we know that her legs were a little too long for her to actually flip (we all know who she gets those long legs from) so the doctor scheduled my C-section for June 7th.
I'm going to be really honest with you, I didn't want a C-section... and it's not because I thought it would make me less of a mother or any crazy nonsense like that, it was because it wasn't what I had planned for my pregnancy. And also because I'm a wuss- and the thought of having a major surgery completely terrified me.
So here I was, a planner, being told that my due date would change and we would welcome our daughter a few days before we originally thought. It took a few days, but I came around to the idea (like I had a choice). So we started preparing for June 7th.
I had a fairly easy pregnancy, some morning sickness in the first trimester, but other than that I can't complain. After my two previous pregnancies I was convinced that I'd have a difficult pregnancy, but I didn't and I am so thankful. In fact, up until the last 4 days of my pregnancy I had no real problems. And then I was put on bed rest for high blood pressure- and I dreaded it. When you think of bed rest it sounds kind of awesome. I can veg out and binge watch Netflix with the best of them, but when you are forced to spend 75% of your day laying down it turns into a different story all together. It was boring, but luckily I found ways to make it a little more enjoyable.
On Memorial Day, Zak and I headed over to his parents house to spend time with family that had come into town. I was able to lounge by the pool and even able to get in the water for about 15 minutes. I really took bed rest to the next level. We stayed at his parents for around 4 hours when I noticed that my swelling in my feet was going up, and we decided we should go home and relax in bed. We got to our house around 4:30-4:45 and I went straight to the bed. Other than my swollen legs and feet I felt fine. Around 5:15 I got up to use the bathroom, and yelled out to zak that I thought my water had broken. He tried to convince me that I had probably just peed myself, which I guess wouldn't completely be out of the realm of possibilities, but I knew something wasn't right. I wasn't hurting at all- but when you know, you know. I began to frantically finish packing our hospital bag- which I know should have been done weeks before, and Zak ran outside to put the car seat in my car (again, I know it should have been installed sooner, but give me a break). we were really just headed up to the hospital to check things out. We were in the car and headed to the hospital by 5:30, and by 5:45 the nurse confirmed that my water had in fact broken. And with that I burst into tears, there were so many emotions. It wasn't June 7th, and I wasn't ready...I had a plan in place.  And also my mom was 4.5 hours away, and I pretty much knew she wouldn't be there because there was no way Lennox was going to wait any longer. I even begged my doctor to put off my surgery until my mom could make it in, but he told me we couldn't. By 6:20 or so I was prepped for surgery, and Zak was being dressed in all his hospital garb. At 7:29 our beautiful Lennox came into the world at 7 lbs 7 oz while George Strait's " I saw  God today" played in the background. She was and still is perfect. And in the almost two weeks that shes been here she's already taught me that plan changes.
She's my promise from the Lord, and I cherish every second with her. Even the ones at 2:20 am when I'm pleading with her to go back to sleep.



Comments

Popular Posts