A Year in Review

2018.
One year ago I wrote these words:
"2017. Wow. What a year! Each year I love to wake up and see what I wrote the year before. What did I yearn for? What was I trusting (or sometimes pleading) for God to do? Each year without fail it was to make me a mama. Now that dream is a reality. That promise was fulfilled.
2017 proved to be so, so sweet. 2016 made me a mama, but 2017 taught me what that really meant. I've loved deeper, laughed harder, cried, worried more and grown more than I ever thought possible.
I loved 2017. It wasn't without it's hardships, but I learned more deeply that God is the God of all my days.
2018 will bring lots of new to our lives- many challenges and changes but I look forward to every bit of it.
Bring it on 2018, let's do this"

Saying that 2018 brought it feels like the understatement of the century. I can't say I loved the year like I did a year ago. 2017 was hard in its own right, but 2018 seemed to just be heartbreaking.

We started 2018 on an immediate high and by February we suffered our third miscarriage. This one hurt like never before, and I think it's because I assumed our struggle with infertility and pregnancy loss was behind us after Lennox.
 Little did I know how wrong I was.

I should of had a baby this year. Instead I became pregnant twice with no baby this side of Heaven to show for it.

I learned a lot about myself this year. I've done things I never thought I could do. I dug deeper than I knew I could and pulled myself, with the help of God, out of a pit that could have swallowed me whole.

2018 was not all bad. We celebrated our miracle, Lennox, turning two year's old. Zak and I celebrated 6 years of marriage where we fought through heartache, disappointment, new careers and raising a toddler just to learn what we already knew: we could not do this life without each other.

My dreams for 2019 are big. That's one thing I really took away from 2018. I will not be afraid to dream big dreams and say them out loud. Because for once I am not afraid of failure.

I will fail in 2019 and that's okay. I'll pick myself up, dust myself off, and find a different way to see my dreams come true.

I'll be a mama again this year- mark my words. I'm putting it out there because I believe it. God will give us another miracle.

I'll continue to be a #momboss and work from home as I raise my little girl.
I had excuses for two years on why I had to stay in a job that was no longer bringing me joy. I thought that was just part of life and that I just needed to tough it out. Boy was I wrong.
I took a gamble on myself, and it's paid off ten fold.
This year I started my own social media/website management/ marketing consulting firm. I published my first article in a magazine, continued to run my softball business, Lenny Lou's and raise Lennox at home.

I'm not saying that to brag, but rather to say: If I can do that, so can you. Find what your passionate about and pursue it with full force.

I held myself back for too long. Never again.

I've never looked forward to a year more than I have for 2019. I'm ready to put 2018 behind me.

Let's dream together, yall. This year is all about finding my tribe.

Comments

Popular Posts