see you later update.

Two months ago I posted about having to say "see you later" to "our" girls, K & R. And for two months I didn't hear from them. It was probably two of the hardest months Zak and I have had. It's hard to fall  in love with children in foster care and then have to say goodbye to them. That's the part of foster care that I think turns so many people away. There's no way to protect yourself from it, you will love those children and if you're lucky they will love you back- even if they don't actually say the words. Those two months gave us a glimpse of what reunification looks like- so even though we were sad for us, we were so happy for them. A month or so ago "our" sweet girls returned to foster care, and again we were torn between two emotions. We were heart broken that their reunification was short lived, and at the same time our hearts were overcome with excitement in knowing that God was allowing us a little more time in their lives.
Since we heard about them coming back we've seen them a couple of times, and each time we take in the beauty and pain of it all. I love these girls, and their handsome little brother. I'm lucky to be a part of their lives, no matter how long or short that time may be.
So if you think about it, say a little prayer for "our" girls and their brother.
I know this is short, and that it's been around a week since I last posted- but I just wanted to give y'all a brief update on what's been going on with our girls.

Comments

Popular Posts