one week down.

This week marks my first full week as a stay at home mom. In a lot of ways it's exactly what I thought it would be, in a lot of ways it's nothing like what I thought it would be. Life is funny that way. You go into something with your game plan, and end up throwing that down the drain about 45 seconds after her feet hit the ground.

There is not a second this week that I've regretted my decision to walk away from my 40 hour a week job. Not a single second.
I took a lot of pride in the job I did for CBC. I worked hard at it. I was good at it. It fit.

But motherhood....that's the job I was born to do. I take the most pride in her. I worked hard for her, and will continue to work harder for her every day. I wouldn't dare say I'm good at it. But boy does it fit.
She's my "work", my greatest work. My biggest joy. My greatest accomplishment.

This job won't be easy. God has called me to raise Lennox in a way that points her back to Him. I don't take that lightly. I woke up every day this week and felt like I was doing something that actually mattered, because it does.
More so than anything else I've ever done.

God has continued to assure me that the decision I made to stay home was the right one. This week Lennox woke up one day and was so much bigger than the day before. She spoke more clearly, she can count to 10, she can say her primary colors, and she is truly starting to understand what you say to her.

And I didn't miss it. I experienced all of it.

That single revelation was worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts