whisper love.

Over the past few days my mind and heart have been outraged by the women who are proudly using the hashtag #shoutyourabortion. In fact, I've been more than outraged by what I've seen- I've also been deeply hurt. For a woman who has desperately waited for the day to have children of her own, only to lose two babies through no choice of my own... I am hurt.
But I will not be silent.

Last October Zak and I prayerfully made the decision to become an Extended Family through Soaring Wings Ranch. A week later we opened our home to a beautiful, and bubbly nine year old girl who has survived. I'm thankful every day that her mom chose life.
A few months after meeting R we knew that the Lord was calling us to become full time foster parents, so again...we saturated the decision in prayer and began the lengthy process to become certified.

I can't stand by and watch women be proud that they took the life of a child. A child that the world will never have the privilege of meeting, a child that the Lord knit together, a child that so many people have longed to hold.

So I'm doing what I know- writing and praying that through all the noise my small voice is heard. Because I have a story to tell.

If I would have been presented a choice between keeping my babies, Riley and Tatum, than my answer would have been 1,000% yes. There would have not been a single second of hesitation. But you see, I wasn't given a choice. My babies died in the safety of my womb. They left the security of my body and were reunited with the Lord. They weren't sucked out of me and discarded as medical waste. They weren't "carefully" forced  out of my body and immediately separated for their parts. They weren't #anotherboy. In fact, this side of Heaven I won't know if they were boys or girls at all.

What I wouldn't give to know them, love them, and care for them every day.

The day we took in our first placements will be a day I never forget. It was in the early hours of the morning that I felt the Lord's presence like never before. It was in the hours I spent rocking a two year that wasn't mine that I felt love like I've never known. I was given a small glimpse into the massive way the Lord loves and provides for us.
The same way he wants to love and provide for you.

If you're reading this and you've had an abortion, please know my intentions are not to be hateful. In fact I think the best way to fight back against the #shoutyourabortion is through shouting how much the Lord loves you still.

Your abortion does not have to define you, just like my miscarriages do not define me. They are a small chapter in the much larger book of my life. Please know that the Lord offers grace and forgiveness.
If He can forgive my sin, which He has, than He is more than capable of forgiving yours. Because guess what- to Him it's all the same.

You have a chance to rewrite your story from this day forward. You can't change the past, you can't bring back the baby you chose to abort. There is no way around that. But you can speak up.

Let's join the movement to #whisperlove . Because there are very few circumstances in which shouting is going to change anyone's mind.

I've made my fair share of mistakes. But I've been redeemed.
I don't have to live in that shame, and friend- neither do you.

#whisperlove
xoxo,
Meagan

Comments

Popular Posts