2014- the year of yearning

Deciding where to start is hard- a lot of life happened in 2014. I say this was our year of L's: love,laughter, and loss.
I spent most of 2014 yearning and dreaming- If there is one thing I can do better than most- it's dream.
I've never been one of those people who think things are too far out of my reach- and not because life has handed me things on a silver platter- but because if I set my mind to something there isn't much that I'll let stand in my way.
I've seen more dreams come true in 2014 than I ever have before.
I've also realized that my dreams were far from what God had intended for my life as a Lowry.
bare with me as I try to recap a years worth of my life.
 
 

 
 

  • in May I graduated from the University of Central Arkansas with a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Relations- this is one of the things I am most proud of. I never had PR in my sights, but once I found it I knew it was the perfect fit for me. I had the best professors, and some great friends who consistently inspired and pushed me to do my best.
  • Right after I graduated I found out that zak and I were expecting our first child. I was around 7 or 8 weeks pregnant when I had a miscarriage. I have since learned more about myself and my marriage. this was certainly the hardest and most painful experience of my entire life- but I came out stronger. I had an incredible support system. thank you to each of you who helped me find the calm after the storm.
  • in June Zak and I celebrated two years of marriage- it hasn't always been an easy journey but I would still choose him over and over again.
  • We moved to Cape Cod for two months over the summer as I watched one of my dreams come true. I had the great pleasure of interning with the Yarmouth-Dennis Red Sox in the Cape Cod Baseball League. I met so many incredible people in Massachusetts that I would never would have had the chance to meet before.
  • Zak and I entered into an "extended family" program with soaring wings ranch and met our precious raegon- more than likely our home won't be her forever home because she will always be family.
  • Zak and I have officially begun the process to become an open foster home, with the intention to adopt. this is something that we've prayed over even before we got married. We are so excited to see where God leads.
  • I started to work full time for Central Baptist College in September and have loved every single second of it. I feel so fortunate to work for a company that legitimately cares for their employee's and their families.
  • We spent a lot of time with our two precious pups, Callie and Gracie. they seriously bring so much joy to our home.
 
 
I know I've left out many important moments, but these are the ones that stand out the most. It has been a full year, one we will certainly never forget.

Comments

Popular Posts