the day we prayed over beds




I received a very important call this week pertaining to Zak and I's journey into foster care/ adoption. This call came about 3-4 weeks earlier than we expected, but we feel confident that Christ has begun to throw open doors. How cool is that?! Anyways, this call was to set up our large interview and second home study. What I didn't know when I got the call was that our house needed to be "move in ready" for the children that we are willing to take. I like to have a plan, and so a few weeks ago Zak and I began to slowly but surely purchase things here and there that we felt we would need. We bought a twin mattress, a book shelf, and a dresser. We knew we'd need a crib, toddler beds, and another twin bed...but it's overwhelming to buy it all at once, and if anything my mother taught me stuck ( mom, if you're reading this- more than one thing you taught me stuck) it's that the sales rack/ clearance corner is your absolute best friend. I like a bargain- especially when we have to purchase things that are usually so expensive. Because we we're buying things here and there when I found a deal we just couldn't pass up. Because we are willing to take children between the ages of 0-9 our home has to reflect that. At the beginning of the week I went into straight panic mode because we literally had a mattress set up in one room and that was the extent of "move in ready" our house was in. 
Literally in the matter of a day or so our home has been filled with a twin bed (not just a mattress anymore!) and two toddler beds. we still have a lot to get before Monday night gets here (which is the night of our interview, prayers appreciated) Not only were these beds offered up to us in the moment we really needed them- but they were given. Let that sink in- they were given to Zak and I free of charge. How incredible is that?! The amount of times that I've thought about that and been completely humbled by that fact is overwhelming.






I can't help but get emotional every time I look at these beds, because I know that there will be tiny blessings to fill them in a month or so. I feel so completely in awe of what Christ has already begun to do in my heart. Thursday night, Zak and I walked into each bedroom and said a special prayer over each bed. That we would be ready and equipped to care for each precious life that will fill these beds, that these babies would know how deeply they are loved, that in these rooms they would feel safe and at home. Above all we pray that this home will be the place they come to know Christ.

I don't have an adequate amount of words to express what these beds mean to us- but more than that what these children mean to us already, even though we know nothing about them.
Please continue to pray for us as we continue living The Life of a Lowry.

xoxo.

Comments

Popular Posts