1607 days.

Babe,


I've had the privilege and responsibility of loving you for the past 1607 days of our lives. All of which have been about only the two of us. Some days you've loved me better than I've loved you, and others I was the one who showed love more deeply. We've created something incredible together, something that is beyond anything I ever dreamed of. You're more than "my list" ever contained. I'm thankful for that. I'm undeserving of that. 

Our lives are about to change. There are times I look at you and wonder how I'll be able to share you with someone else, there's a part of me that will always cherish these 3 years of marriage we had to ourselves. But then there are times when you talk to me about our kids, and I wonder if there's ever been a moment I've loved you more. 

I brought a lot of baggage into our marriage, things I never shared with anyone that you now had a front row seat to. I was scared and young and over my head. Our marriage wasn't what I thought it would be. I was insecure and looked to you to fill me up, I'm thankful that you could love me the way I was. I'm even more thankful that you pointed me to the only one who could truly fill me. You prayed for me and with me, there were times I didn't know how I'd make it through the storms that life threw our way. But you were always there, with that big smile on your face assuring me that we'd make it through and that everything would eventually be okay.

You're my rock, Zak Lowry. You're the absolute best part of us. I can't wait to see you as a daddy, our little boy(s) or little girl(s) or both will be so blessed. I love watching you grow in excitement about our upcoming journey into adoption. I get butterflies in my stomach each time I hear you mention our kids, or diligently search for a place for our children to grow up. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be the woman you chose to grow old with, to be the one you wanted to raise your children. Oh my word.

You'll never really know how much love you've brought into my life. For a girl who was scared of commitment, and tried her best to push you to your breaking point, you without fail always met that with grace. You have been the biggest example of the gospel to me. You pursue me, even after 1607 days together. And I know our marriage isn't perfect, because we are two very imperfect people, but know that I'll be by your side for the rest of my life. I'm not at home if I'm not with you. 

You know better than most how badly I'm looking forward to being a momma. And it's not just because I'm ready for babies, it's because I can't wait for you and I to share something that special together. I can't wait to see how our love story changes. 

But I want to promise you something.
I promise that no matter what I'll love these things in this order:
1. God
2.You
3. Our Children

I know we've prayed for these children for what seems like a lifetime, but I prayed for you long before I thought of them, and I promise to faithfully love you first.
As much as I look forward to seeing you as a dad, I know its vitally important for me to see you as my husband above all.

I vowed a lot of things to you on our wedding day, and today I vow to continue to love you more.


"There are parts of us etched into each other like the rings in the trunk of a tree. We've grown, we've changed, we've been forever marked. And ultimately, we are so much better together than either of us would be on our own.”- The Antelope in the Living Room


Comments

Popular Posts