three little words, and a whole lot of meaning.

I've tried to write a sentence 3 times describing what this post will be about- and 3 times, I've failed.
Some days are harder than others, some days you need a little more to make it through. Today has been one of those days to me. And I don't know if its because I'm feeling a little under the weather, or because I'm thinking about our forever and wondering if they'll be taken care of through this nasty weather...today hasn't been my best.
And I know, it's up to me to turn that around, but some days you just need to sit and talk to God and get to the root of what's really bothering you.
I have days that I'm desperate to know why.
-why did I walk away from a career path I wanted so badly.
-why wasn't I able to carry my baby to term.
-why is the process to find our forever so long and complicated
-why, why, why.

and you know what, the answer is always the same. "I've got something else for you, wait on me."

Over the past couple of months I hated those three words- wait. on. me.
Mostly because I hate waiting, I want things when I want them- but over the course of my rotten day God has clearly whispered into my heart that better days are ahead of me.
I'll wait on Him, because I know His timing is perfect.
I'll wait on Him, because His mercies are new each morning.
I'll wait on Him, even though it means I'll have to practice my patience.

Above all, I'll wait on Him because in Jeremiah 29:11 he promises : For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I know that my "bad" days will pass, and I'm confident that good days are ahead of me. So while it rains I'll sit and pray for those days. I'll sit and pray for our forever. I'll begin to move on from the why's and accept the wait on me's.



short, sweet, and to the point.
thanks for following The Life of a Lowry 

 

Comments

Popular Posts