depending on the day


I have been blessed with a multitude of Godly friends. I'm lucky to have each of them. I was browsing through The Big Mama blog this morning, if you don't follow that blog you are seriously missing out, and noticed that her latest post was promoting her book "Nobody's Cuter than You"- a memoir about friendship.
When I say that I'm anxiously awaiting for this book to come out, I'm not lying. Her past two books have encouraged, inspired, and completely challenged me. (sparkly green earrings and the antelope in the living room) As I sit and "patiently" wait for the debut of this book, I thought now would be a great time to tell you a few stories about a couple of girls I'm blessed to know.


Meagan Danielle East Cofer
I met Meagan my freshman year at Central Baptist College and it was "best friendship" at first site. I know that's incredibly corny, but Meagan is seriously my soul sister. We argue, and disagree, and share so much in common. She's my rock- I don't always admit that because let's face it, if she knew how much I valued her opinion all would be lost.(only kidding here, meg.) Meagan has always told me the truth in love, though sometimes I hated her for it. When she met her husband, I was there. When I met my husband, she was there. When she had her first child, I rejoiced with her. When she lost her next baby, I mourned with her. When I lost my first baby, she held me together. I've watched her become a mom to two beautiful little girls, and while our friendship has changed over time, the amount of love and admiration I have for her have only grown. Together we've tackled swine flu, floated down ice cold rivers, threw ourselves down a flight of stairs onto skethcy pee-stained mattresses, and stood beside each other on our wedding days. Meeting this girl changed how I viewed friendship, I'm a better person because of it.

  

Demi Kay Floyd Rose
Demi entered my life like a wrecking ball. Except she's nothing like Miley Cyrus. Dumi brings the party wherever she goes. She's definitely the friend I go to most when I need something thats going wrong, to become something that's funny because it's going wrong. We are selfie sisters, because we text every single day, and send multiple selfies . Because honestly, our faces need to be seen, lol. We both understand the importance of a Target trip: because Target takes care of your mind, body, and soul. Demi loves beyond reason, she holds me accountable both spiritually and physically. I'd be a lot worse off if I didn't have a friend like her who would pray for and with me on a regular basis. She's truly a rare find.


Abbie Elizabeth Nichols   
I don't even know where to start. Abbie is...literally the hardest person to describe. I think if you can find a friend that can love you through your most awkward years (aka high school) than you've found a friend for life. That's what Abbie has been for me. She has loved me even when I was the worst version of myself. She brings out a side of me that very few people get to see, and I love her for it. She tells it like it is, and always has my back. I feel like we've been on an incredible journey together, we've taken a couple of hard knocks- but if there is one person I know that can pull themselves up by their boot straps and carry on, it's Abbie Nichols. She's full throttle in everything she does, and she doesn't care who knows it. She's crazy and loud, and talks me into some pretty crazy stuff. But watching her become a mom has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. I've watched this girl that used to tackle me in the middle of church become this woman (who still tackles me) who tears down walls and makes no apologies for it. Abbie has always seemed fearless.

My Momma 
There are a lot of things I should thank my mom for, now that I'm an adult I appreciate that she never tried to be my "best friend" while I was growing up. She understood the importance of being a mom first. Not to say that she wasn't my friend, because she was. But now I'm able to have this fuller relationship with her because she raised me to respect and value her opinion as my mom. She has become one of my closest friends. There are times I open my mouth, and hear my mother. She's brave and bold, and everything I hope to be. I've never known strength in the same way she has. I'm so proud to be her daughter, and so proud to be her friend.


I have so many other girlfriends who could have made this list, but over the past few months these 4 have been my rock(s). 
I wish I could send them pretty clothing, or diamond rings, but all I have to give are these words and so much gratitude.
i love each of you. 

Comments

Popular Posts