simply a see you later

Today  I experienced the joy and pain that perfectly mix together when you hear about a child being reunited with their birth parent(s).
 It is heartbreaking, and overwhelmingly beautiful- I pray the absolute best for all involved.

I know without a shadow of a doubt that Christ began a work in my marriage back in September. He began to open doors, and close others. He was  making his path known.
Little did I know that His path would include a little 9 year old girl and her 12 year old sister that we would fall head over heels in love with.
While I can't share their  names, their stories, or their pictures- I am blessed to have shared a piece of life with them , even if it was for a short period of time.
Those girls came in and wrecked our lives in the best possible way.
After I lost our baby, I felt like I lost a big piece of myself.
I was stumbling through life, instead of boldly living it. "Our" girls changed that.
God had such a beautiful plan, and it took some pain for me to realize it. I'm grateful for the 6 months I knew and loved these girls.
6 months has come and gone in the blink of an eye, but the things they taught me in our short time together have forever changed Zak and I.

They loved unconditionally.
They pushed my buttons- honestly, how many times can a young girl ask "why" in a weekend?! The answer is infinite.
They taught me that through it all you can still see the good in the world.
They laughed.
They fought, exactly like sisters will do.
They would push us to see how far they could, and then decided to love us some more.
They embraced our family.

I will never understand how two little girls could completely change the way I live my life. But, I'm so thankful that they did. I know that Christ brought them to us to prepare our hearts for the work he's called us to, and I pray that we impacted them in some small way as well.

I will miss them deeply, in fact there are tears in my eyes as I sit here writing this. I can't describe in words how much joy they brought into our home.

I'm thankful for the small piece of life I shared with these girls. I'm grateful for 6 months full of looking forward to seeing them. I wish they knew what an impact they are leaving on our hearts.

Praying they know that this isn't a goodbye for us, simply a see you later.


Comments

Popular Posts