I ain't as young as I once was.

I'm getting old.

and before you ask, I'm only 24 but I'll be darned if I'm not trapped inside an 80 year old woman's body.

the struggle is real.


Last night about killed me. The only thing that kept me alive is the jolt my soul gets in knowing we're at or near a baseball field.
Seriously, I can't explain it.


But I need to get real with you- I can't keep up with the "youngins" like I used to. Staying up until 2 in the morning "hanging" out is not something I can be about anymore. it's just no longer in the cards for me.

I looked at Zak yesterday morning and said "I honestly don't know how I'll get up any earlier in the next few weeks to get kids ready for daycare/school and get myself ready".


side note:
Dear mom,
I now fully believe that you are superwoman. Sorry for the morning attitude I threw your way. You are a rock star, please teach me your ways.


It's crazy the amount of perspective you get once you start the journey of motherhood. I certainly took my mom for granted, and I pray my kids know that I will always do my best for them.

This blog is spastic and I apologize but it's Friday and I'm ready to get this weekend started.

This adult life is not for the faint of heart. I should have taken my parents advice and saved every penny I ever made or was given in my childhood.

It's days like today that make me REALLY reconsider the things I purchased that I thought I needed: like a tin lunch box that had the guys from saved by the bell on it that read "beefcakes" across the side.

Actually, I take it back. I don't regret that purchase. But I did blow money like it grew on trees.

Dear future kids,
learn from my mistakes. save your money. make dad pay for that pack of gum.

On second thought kids, you've got 2 sets of grandparents that I'm sure will spoil you rotten, eat it up- because once you're 24 they pump the brakes because now you have a "job" and "can buy things for yourself"....blah,blah,blah.

dear gamma, if you're reading this I'm only kidding. you're a peach and I appreciate each and every thing you've ever done for me.

seriously y'all- this post today is a hot mess. but that's kind of a reflection of my entire day.

but to quote Rebecca Black "it's Friday, Friday- gotta get down on Friday."


thanks for visiting today- sorry I didn't say much of anything!

xoxo,
Meagan

Comments

Popular Posts