squeaky wheel

I've had a lot of people text me lately asking where we were in bringing home our Little Lowry. So I thought I'd try to catch you all up as best as I can.
Bare with me.

We have completed our 30 hours of training, our home studies (all 3 of them), background checks, reference letters, and 100 or so pages of paperwork. We've bought and been given most everything we need to bring home a child or multiple children ranging from 0-9 years of age.
I know that we'll still have a lot to purchase once we actually have a child placed with us, but for right now we're set.
The only thing that is standing between Zak and I welcoming the first child into our home is a pesky set of fingerprints.
You have to have fingerprints made as soon as you start the process into foster care/ adoption. And so in January, we completed our paper fingerprints. In February we completed our digital fingerprints and in March Zak's prints bounced back.
I don't know why, he may have a double life I don't know about.
Just kidding, in all honesty it's just a fluke thing that happened. So in March Zak went in and redid his fingerprints, and now we are "patiently" waiting from them to come back. I use the word patiently very lightly because I feel like I've sent a hundred emails trying to figure out what's going on with them and why it's taken a month already and we haven't heard anything. I've been a squeaky wheel to say the least. And there are days I feel really guilty for being that squeaky wheel, because I know that social workers are over worked and under paid- but there's something in me that knows I have to keep pushing about it. There's a piece of me that knows if I just keep on top of it they'll actually push those prints through. I hate that a set of fingerprints are whats holding us up. But I trust that God has a specific child or set of children out there for us, and maybe this is His way of making sure we are open at the exact time they need us to be.
Either way, I'm on top of it. They could come back any day now, and I'm really counting on them coming back in the next week or so. 
 fingers crossed
Besides that everything has gone fairly smoothly. This is the part of the process that I hate most: the waiting. But, I know there is a perfect time for all of this to fall into place and in the mean time I'm enjoying the quiet with my husband. I know it won't always be this way.
This week has been filled with lots of exciting things- and I can't wait to share them with you!


xoxo,
Meagan

Comments

Popular Posts