priceless

Have you ever had something jump out and slap in you in the face?
I had that happen to me today.
I wrote a sentence in a text..a sentence that was at first meant to simply reinforce why I religiously shop the sales racks.
I used the phrase "I'm about to be a mom". and then I stopped dead in my tracks..

Wow.
I never knew that one 3 letter word would completely shake me to my core, and I think it's good that it does.

Over the past few years, really since I met my husband, Zak, I've felt a desire to be a mom. There's something about meeting the man of your dreams that will do that to you. 

As I was walking by one of our Life choices baby bottles today at work (this a fundraiser that a local pregnancy center does here in  Conway, and they are incredible. Learn more about them here: http://www.lifechoicesinc.org/ )
I dropped in some loose change and was overcome with the feeling that one of the women who use their services could potentially be the birth mother of my children, I don't know what the odds of that happening are, but even if there's a .0001% chance that that's the case how cool is it that God supplies us with opportunities to rewrite stories.
"I'm about to be a mom"...I remember speaking those words to Zak moments after I told him he was going to be a daddy, those words are as true now as they were then. I may not be becoming a mother in the same way , and these "babies" may not be flesh of my flesh, but you better believe they've grown in my heart.

Meagan Brooke Lowry will be a mom in 2015. 
to how many? - i don't know.
to a boy or girl?- either is fine by me.

so while i can't ( won't) spend $40 on a new top, I'll spend the next few months preparing to become a mom.
and that's priceless.

Comments

Popular Posts